Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The gift

I have been given a gift. It has the power to transform every single moment of my life for the better. This gift holds all the answers to every problem I'll ever have, and I have direct access to it  24/7. Even more, because of this gift I have assurance of a perfect eternity.  My gift is Jesus.  I have received Him and chosen to follow Him, trust Him, and let Him lead me.  I have chosen to live in reality... the reality that God the Father, creator of all things, is Holy and I am fallen, and Christ's death on the cross is the Way the loving Father provided for me to be made righteous.  I can't come to the Father on my own, I can only come through the righteousness that was bought for me on the cross of Christ.  

The reason I'm writing this is that this gift isn't just for me.  I want to share this gift with anyone I encounter, and especially those who I love. My great big loving God is so real, so present, so active in my life and He has changed everything for me.  The god of our culture is small, judgemental, and has been treated like a sad Sunday hobby.  That's not my God. 

If you want to know more, I would love to grab coffee or a phone conversation.  This is what I'm passionate about.  I'd be so privileged to introduce my God to you.  

2 comments:

Erin MacPherson said...

Mandy-- this is so beautifully written! I just love it!

Carrie Rogers said...

Mandy - your sweet smile has always been evidence of The gift! Great post!
-Carrie R.