Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Mornings


12/30/2012
Mornings are hard at our house.  It’s Sunday morning and I just want a minute to myself.  I want to drink in the Lord’s presence, I want to organize the baking supplies and mail pile and put away the last few piles of laundry.  Everywhere I look there is something I could do.  It pulls on my flesh that constantly says “perform!” And I woke up with a mild headache.  It threatens to sap my energy and keep me down for the day.  And I stepped on the scale.  Must up my resolve to lose some weight.  And I can’t see well out of my left eye.  Contact issue or something.  And the kids are insane.  And I just called Jeff out for staring at his phone… meaning to give him a gentle nudge so that we both are more mindful of how much we are on our phones… but it came off sharp.  I apologized…he forgave.  But I still feel ick about it.  Mornings are just plain hard.
Especially Sunday mornings.  Hello!?!?!  The enemy loves to make this day an especially brutal one.  He attacks us from many fronts on Sundays.  It’s the Lord’s day!!!  My husband will be bringing the word to our congregation, and we will be in worship of our King.  Oh, the enemy doesn’t like this at all.  
I’m thankful to recognize this battle.  Sometimes I catch it, sometimes I don’t.  It’s grace to be able to see this.   I need His help to have insight into the invisible world.   “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood.  It’s against the … powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
So what now?  What do I do in the midst of this attack?  I run to my refuge and my strength.  I put on the spiritual armor of God.  I take every thought captive.  I keep running the race with endurance. 
And I know that fighting is right.  Recognizing is right.  Letting God fight my struggle for me is right.  More dependence on Him is right.  And this is how He trains us…. Disciplines us….. disciples us.  Through trial. 
I love you Lord…  keep showing me things that are invisible.  You are all that matters.  

No comments: